Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Under the skin...

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

I am becoming that which I admire the least; the monster that I detest, that I fight. I look in the mirror and am increasingly this being. I am evermore filled with the things I find most wretched in humanity. I am not the person you see.

Please, forgive me.

Know that I am weak. That I am fallen - broken - stretched out. And that I can do nothing to remove me from the bondage of my existence.

Please, forgive me.

2 comments:

  1. You are, and always will be, forgiven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find little that I do that needs 'forgiveness.' Perhaps I'm just arrogant, but, what the hell, life is a crap shoot anyway and who is to judge what is 'right?'

    Maybe it's because I've been around for almost 7 decades; living that long creates a thick dossier of 'stuff' you've done, said, failed to say, and failed to do. Everybody has one; it's just the thickness that that varies.

    ReplyDelete