Saturday, February 5, 2011

Things I love. (5)

I love to play my piano. To sing and play my piano. To sit and watch somebody else sing, or play their piano, or sing and play their piano. It is the most humbling thing I have ever encountered, the piano. Nothing has caused me more heartache and excitement in the past 5 years than discovering a piece, playing it for months to the point of perfection, then hearing a recording and realizing there is so much more to learn. And then doing what I can to learn it. I love the piano.

1 comment:

  1. Neal, I played the piano for years. And it was an endlessly frustrating experience. I'd practice continuously too, but I'm not sure I ever had the feel for playing music. I think what I played sounded decent enough, but I was never happy with how I sounded. Oh, well, that was many years ago....

    ReplyDelete